Head of Research Operations
We are currently seeking a Head of Research Operations to join our Executive Leadership Team.
Purpose of the Position:
This position will be responsible for strategic design and operations of the research portfolio. Overseeing the Clinical Trials Unit, Biobanking and Grant-Making Units, and Key Programs of Research, it will contribute to strategic planning and operationalise this across the Wesley Medical Research remit that includes the UnitingCare network and impacts on the health outcomes of the broader community.
A key focus of the role is to engage the research community, build capacity and capability, and develop a highly functional research institute that will ensure Wesley Medical Research continues to deliver research of the highest quality.
The successful candidate will ideally present with the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Biological Sciences, Nursing, Pharmacy, Medicine, or related disciplines
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policies including Guidelines for Good Clinical and Laboratory Practice, National Health and Medical Research Ethics Committees procedures and compliance with the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research
- Experience in a similar operations role overseeing a broad research portfolio
- Experience in business development including start-up and/or monitoring of industry-sponsored clinical trial activity
- Experience in development, implementation and management of a research grants portfolio
- Experience with project management and quality frameworks
- Ability to formulate and negotiate project budgets with external stakeholders and contract negotiation
- A self-starter with significant initiative and judgement is required, while working within a complex organisational environment
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, please apply below, by submitting your CV and Cover Letter addressing your experience against the above criteria and any significant achievements you think we should know about in your roles to date.
In return, we offer a competitive salary with significant N-F-P salary sacrifice benefits, a dynamic and rewarding work environment and an opportunity to be part of an organisation that genuinely makes a real difference to the lives of the people it deals with.
For more information on the role please contact Dr Claudia Giurgiuman at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Monday 1 August 2022