Fundraising and Marketing Manager
Purpose of the Position:
- This role is integral to the daily operations of the fundraising, marketing, and business development for Wesley Medical Research.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this role will develop and implement the organisation’s fundraising strategy and annual operation plan.
- This role will contribute to the development and implementation of the organisation’s threeyear marketing and communications strategy.
- The role will liaise and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, internally and externally in order to maximise opportunities to increase our donor base, financial sustainability and brand exposure.
- Deliver to WMR’s strategic direction through the management of the Development, Fundraising and Marketing functions.
- Support the executive team in developing and implementing the organisation’s threeyear strategy and subsequent annual plans.
- Lead the development and implementation of the organisation’s fundraising and marketing strategy and annual operation plan.
- Support the CEO in managing and maintaining relationships with major donors, corporate partners and key stakeholders.
- Identify, manage, and maintain major donors, and corporate partnerships, including actively seeking sponsorships and partnerships. This includes the full cycle (identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward relationships).
- Develop the organisation’s bequest program and manage and maintain relationships with bequestors and bequest prospects.
- Responsible for developing and updating donor proposals and progress reports in collaboration with the CEO and Research team.
- Manage and maintain relationships with Trusts and Foundations and PAFs to develop proposals and progress/acquittal reports.
- Oversee and manage the donor database, including updating, reporting and analytics.
- Develop sound proposals for sponsorships and partnerships.
- Provide support and guidance to the Marketing and Communications Specialist and Fundraising Specialist to ensure quality outputs and alignment with the organisation’s strategic direction.
- Accountable for the management and coordination of events as required.
- Undertake other duties as required and/or directed.
Occupational Health and Safety
- All Wesley Medical Research employees will:
- Follow all Safe Operating Procedures in the workplace.
- Have a responsibility to take reasonable care of themselves and their fellow workers during their employment.
- Will not interfere, bypass, or misuse any system or equipment provided for health, safety and welfare purposes.
- Will take all actions to avoid, eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Seek information on any work they undertake and be aware of the risks and hazards associated with their work.
- Report all incidents/ hazards/ injuries.
- Participate in the documentation of Risk Assessments and Safe Operating Procedures for activities that could pose an OHS risk.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment as required and directed.
- Attend all mandatory and recommended OHS training as scheduled by the WMR.
- Promote a positive safety culture within their areas by demonstrating a positive commitment to OHS.
Position Reporting Structure
- The position reports directly to the CEO.
- Direct Reports: 3
- All decisions relating to the expenditure of Wesley Medical Research’s funds, the hiring, counselling and dismissal of staff and decisions that could reasonably be assessed to significantly affect Wesley Medical Research and its research operations need to be discussed with and approved, as appropriate, by the CEO.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of position papers to the Board and relevant Committees on a monthly basis or as required.
- Attend relevant conferences, seminars, workshops, training opportunities, etc. for the purposes of improving quality activities and own professional competence.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in relevant fundraising frameworks.
- Evaluate annual performance against key performance indicators.
Key Qualifications, Competencies and Experience:
- Five or more years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within the not-for-profit sector.
- Relevant degree or approved tertiary qualifications deemed equivalent in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in a management role.
- Capacity to foresee and capitalise on opportunities presented by industry and market changes with experience and proven ability to strategically identify, secure and establish strong, long-term internal and external relationships.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with significant experience in developing robust business cases and proposals and a track record of innovation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and liaise with multiple stakeholders and build trust in relationships across all levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving capability with a commitment to quality outcomes and customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively, to prioritise work requirements, work autonomously when appropriate, consult appropriately and respond to direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of CRM donor database management systems with familiarity with Raiser’s Edge well regarded.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in a wide range of computer applications including Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc), social media and familiarity with email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor.
- Accountable, with good financial acumen, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Ability to represent Wesley Medical Research at external events; including evening and weekend commitments as required.
- A team player, with the ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence and sound judgment whilst collaborating and cooperating on decisions and initiatives.
- Well-developed project management and time management skills requiring flexibility and the ability to prioritise workloads, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Driver’s License.
- Demonstrate commitment to, and understanding of, workplace health and safety principles.
- Commitment and enthusiasm to enhance the reputation of Wesley Medical Research to impact positively on local and wider communities.
How to Apply:
- If this sounds like you, please apply below, submitting your Resume and Cover Letter addressing your experience against the above criteria and any significant achievements you think we should know about in your roles to date.
- In return, we offer a competitive salary with significant N-F-P salary sacrifice benefits, a dynamic and rewarding work environment and an opportunity to be part of an organisation that genuinely makes a real difference to the lives of the people it deals with.