Communications and Impact Specialist
We are currently seeking a Communications and Impact Specialist
Purpose of the Position:
- The role will be responsible for communicating the positive impact made by Wesley Medical Research and raising its profile and brand through innovative marketing and storytelling communications.
- The Communications and Impact Specialist will write and produce compelling content that articulates our key messages across a range of digital and traditional platforms (including social media) to build our brand and capacity to attract funding.
- The role will develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation, our UnitingCare partners and beyond, to develop multi-channel marketing and communication plans and content that maximise opportunities to increase our donor base, profitability, and brand exposure.
The successful candidate will ideally present with the following:
Knowledge and Skills
- Relevant degree or approved tertiary qualifications in one or more of the following fields: health, science or biotechnology, journalism, sales, marketing, major gifts/fundraising or related field.
- Five+ years experience in a marketing, communications, or storytelling role.
- Exceptional written and presentation skills, with keen attention to detail and the ability to write, edit and produce relevant copy across a range of channels.
- Demonstrated ability to form key messages and construct a compelling narrative.
- Confidence in handling multiple priorities.
- A thorough understanding of marketing, communication, storytelling, and impact reporting principles, approaches and practice.
- A team player, with the ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence, initiative, problem-solving skills and sound judgement whilst collaborating and cooperating on decisions and initiatives.
- Ability to interact with research staff, hospital staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Proven ability to maintain positive relationships, across all levels of seniority.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure within a complex portfolio of responsibilities, requiring flexibility and the ability to prioritise workloads, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to pivot quickly to new communications opportunities when required (e.g. COVID situation)
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in a wide range of computer applications, including Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to represent Wesley Medical Research at external events; including regular travel, evening and weekend commitments.
- A current driver’s license.
- Delivery – ability to get things done.
- Motivation – a self-starter with significant initiative and judgement is required, while working within a complex organisational environment.
- Communication and Relationship Management – ability to listen, adapt, persuade, build trust and transform.
- Innovation – ability to make new and useful ideas work with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Connection – ability to engage with agencies, donors and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships.
- Ability to strengthen Wesley Medical Research’s identity and uphold it to a high level of quality.
- Passion to work within a fast-paced, engaged, and fun team.
- Ability to form and maintain meaningful working relationships with various members of the media.
- Demonstrate commitment to, and understanding of, workplace health and safety principles.
- Commitment to Wesley Medical Research to promote quality in research and enhance the reputation of the organisation and its researchers.
- Empathy with the goals and values of the organisation.
Alignment with our values is important to us. Please consider these carefully when applying:
- Better Together – Our shared purpose drives collaboration, communication and support for each other
- Safe Hands – We are accountable to ourselves, our patients and each other and our work is the highest quality we can possibly deliver
- Joy in Our Journey – We make sure our team feels appreciated and valued. We connect meaningfully and have fun along the way.
- Do The Right Thing – We choose to act with integrity and transparency, even when no one is watching.
- Giving Hope – We keep futures alive through life-changing innovation and research and compassionate care.
- Changing Lives – Each of us has the power to make a difference and every little action counts.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, please apply below, submitting your Resume and Cover Letter addressing your experience against the above criteria and any significant achievements you think we should know about to firstname.lastname@example.org
In return, we offer a competitive salary with significant N-F-P salary sacrifice benefits, a dynamic and rewarding work environment and an opportunity to be part of an organisation that genuinely makes a real difference to the lives of the people it deals with.