Clinicians and allied health professionals who work on campus at any of the five UnitingCare Health hospitals in Queensland are invited to conduct patient outcome research at the Wesley Research Institute.
- Researchers can apply alone or in collaboration with partner institutions (for example Queensland University of Technology, University of Queensland, Griffith University or Queensland Institute of Medical Research).
- All research undertaken by WRI adheres to the highest standards and undergoes a rigorous approval process to ensure projects or clinical trials are scientifically and ethically valid.
- Proposed research projects are assessed throughout the year by the Patient Outcome Research Committee.
- All projects involving patients that are recommended for funding must obtain approval from the UnitingCare Health Human Research Ethics Committee.
- Projects being conducted in collaboration with other institutions or universities also require approval from ethics boards of all partner institutions.