Clinical Research Coordinator – Research Nurse
About the Wesley Research Institute
Wesley Research Institute (WRI) is a not-for-profit organisation that conducts research that focuses on improving patient care and quality of life. Our clinical and applied research aims to discover, test and refine new techniques for better diagnosis and treatment of illness and disease. The Institute’s research projects are conducted by its employees, clinicians at The Wesley Hospital and other UnitingCare Health hospitals, in collaboration with other UnitingCare agencies, industry, research organisations and universities. WRI has three main research areas – Investigative Research, Clinical Trial Centre and the Tissue Bank.
The Clinical Trials Centre’s (CTC) objective is to contribute to the WRI’s aim of creating a research precinct at The Wesley Hospital; increase the involvement of the community and trial participants in the research process; enhance the reputation for high quality research; increase research capacity; and supporting investigator initiated research.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Clinical Research Coordinator to join the Clinical Trials team on a casual basis in the first instance with the potential of the position moving to part-time in the future.
Reporting to the Clinical Trial Centre Manager your responsibilities will include;
- The coordination and performance of assigned clinical trials within the centre
- Ensuring appropriate research governance is maintained within your assigned trials
- Relevant communication and adherence to regulatory affairs protocols
- Participation in the participant recruitment processes
- Support the work of the trial Principal Investigators
- Collaborate with all Institutional staff to develop a constructive team orientated environment which provides a positive experience to sponsors, trial participants, external contractors and other Institutional staff.
Selection Criteria Essential
- A Nursing degree/qualifications and current registration with Australian Health Professional Registry Agency
- Experience in clinical trials including knowledge of applicable regulatory guidelines
- Sound clinical knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary team in an effective, proactive and co-operative manner
- High level of initiative and flexibility and ability to meet deadlines while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in a wide range of computer applications, including the use of spreadsheets, databases and word processing tools
- Experience and current recognized competencies in related clinical skills such as venepuncture, cannulation and the performance of electrocardiographs
- Knowledge of The Wesley Hospital and UnitingCare Health policies and regulations which impact upon the position
What we offer
- A competitive salary with the benefit of generous salary packaging arrangements
- An opportunity to contribute to a worthwhile cause
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or require a full position description please email email@example.com or call (07) 3721 1500.
No agencies please.